Pages

Monday, November 18, 2013

This trek began with ragdoll physics

Lately I've been working on learning animation with the intent of creating characters and a story -- there's a lot to learn.  And since storyboarding can help a lot with story development, I'm looking at that too.  Let me tell you, storyboard artists have a lot to consider when producing storyboards; just one area is camera techniques.

There are many types of animation. Check Wikipedia's animation article for some good information on 3D, 2D, computer, stop motion, and such.  While looking at the "types of animation" results, I came across the term 'ragdoll physics' -- who can pass up checking out a term like that? But that's just one step in my trek.

From there I moved on to cartoon physics and hammerspace.
***
***
***
Not sure who this Greg Williams guy is, I did a little searching.  He used to work for the Tampa Tribune as a cartoonist. There's a Q&A featuring him at Mac Slocum's site. Among his latest projects is Twips.  One of them is below.
***
Greg Williams, @owlcity, Twipcomics 
***
An archive of Greg's work is here.

-- Marge


No comments: