Pages

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Art of World of Warcraft

After starting, then abandoning, a post about all the products Google now offers that began to look like an advertisement for them; and then trying to figure out why my machine gets lost in the ozone when I leave it for 5-10 minutes (I think it's one of Microsoft's September updates), I've decided to find something more fun to post about today.

About two months ago I started playing World of Warcraft (be very, very careful -- it is indeed addictive).  Besides its intriguing quests and multitude of environments, it has some of the most beautiful artwork I've seen.  Take a look at this trailer for the new expansion pack, Mists of Pandaria:
***
***

In WoW, as in many MMORGs (Massive Multi-player Online Roleplay Games), there are races, mobs (aka creatures), and non-player characters (NPCs) that advance the storyline.  The members of each race have a dance that can be initiated by the player.  The following video, uploaded by ShadowRoxas87, shows the origins of these dances. I'm guessing that this is the uploader's version of history, but it's amusing just the same.
***
***

Here's another one of the dances from Patricia Rosa that was filmed in game:
***
***

And here's a video I found that is just too funny.  It was uploaded by thesolekeep, and is an ad for Mountain Dew.
***
***

OK, OK, back to work.

-- Marge


No comments: