Pages

Friday, June 23, 2017

Cartoons: voices of America

Mostly having avoided showing comments about Trump, because enough is already being said, I couldn't resist this one.
***
image: cartoon by Drew Sheneman
Drew Sheneman, The Week
***

This one made me laugh; haven't done that at a cartoon in quite a while. However, the subject matter is NOT laughable. Recently I've been receiving emails from Service Employees International Union (SEIU) urging me to call my Alaska representative in the Senate Lisa Murkowski. I've tried that before--she's not listening. [edited 4:54p AKDT]
***
image: cartoon by Tom Toles
Tom Toles, The Week
***

My friend Scott, a normally sensible person, quotes this guy and nothing will change Scott's mind. My take is--the less people feel that they have control of their lives. the more they turn to conspiracy theories.
***
***

--Marge


No comments: