Pages

Monday, April 08, 2013

Google doodles and more

Woohoo! Today's my birthday and I opened my browser to this  --

Happy Birthday Marjorie!

While I know it's a feature of Google+ membership that is programmed by Google staff, it still gives me a warm fuzzy.  As a thank-you, I rounded up some of what I think are the best Google Doodles. You can find them on my playlist at YouTube.  Here are two of them.

First is the Google balls interactive animation, published on September 7, 2010, and uploaded by rustybrick.  This animation features Java and HTML5.


For more HTML5 effects, try Aynilists, "All you need is lists." On the "10 Awesome HTML5 Effect Demos" page you will find HTML5 Canvas Liquid Particles by spielzeugz.de (definitely a page to have fun with).  Then there's the HTML5 Canvas and Audio Experiment by 9elements.  If you accidentally click and get the oversized messages, just reload the page.

Then there was Google's interactive guitar, celebrating Les Paul's 96th Birthday.   You could actually play a song on it.  This video was uploaded by paradigma.


At Google's "Web Audio API Demos," there is a link to plink by DinahMoe.  All of the demos here require Chrome, the plink demo is worth the extra effort (it's another of those can't-stop-playing experiences, so beware).  At Mozilla Labs Demoparty, the Demo Gallery, you can also find a number of interesting submissions, among them "dx - drum effect" by Egon Elbre.  At Egon's site you can play with a javascript sound effect generator.

-- Marge

No comments: