Pages

Friday, January 11, 2013

Some recent cartoons that resonate (for me)

Editorial, aka political, cartoons offer us a glance at current issues and sometimes evoke a laugh. And sometimes they carry a message that goes deeper than the topic at hand.  Since I realize that not everyone sees things the same way, my offering today comes with the "for me" caveat.

At the US News & World Report site in a section called January Whispers I found this cartoon by Dan Wasserman:

image: cartoon by Dan Wasserman about new medical disclosure rules

At The Week is this gem by Bill Day:

image: cartoon by Bill Day about House of Representatives' refusal to fund Hurricane Sandy relief

From David Horsey's blog at the LA Times site, called Top of the Ticket, here's one:

image: cartoon by David Horsey about popular view on climate change

In my online look-about today I found an organization for editorial cartoonists -- the Association of American Editorial Cartoonists (AAEC).  You can find cartoons here as well, such as Adam Zyglis on climate change:

image: cartoon by Adam Zyglis about government's view on climate change

That's it for today, folks.  Have a great weekend.

-- Marge

No comments: